May 1, 2020
We would like to give you the latest update regarding the Covid-19 situation.
While the government is preparing to reopen certain schools and certain industries, there has been no mention of when they intend to allow youth sports to resume. However, we would like to be open with what we do know and what we are preparing:
1. Baseball Quebec is still planning on having a baseball season this summer. Last week they released a planning document with what a potential season could look like with example starting dates of July 1st and August 1st, as well as what can be done if certain restrictions remain in place. Rest assured that the scenarios can be tweaked and if we receive the okay to start on July 10th, then we will begin on July 10th. For those of you who are interested in reading it, the document can be found HERE (In French only)
2. DABA has been in contact with the city of Dollard and they have informed us that parks will not be opened for sports use by associations before July 2nd, 2020 at the earliest.
3. For any season to take place, it will require the okay from the Government of Quebec, the public health authority, Baseball Quebec, the Region of Lac St. Louis and the city of Dollard-des-Ormeaux. We will also follow any public health directives to insure that the season is played as safely as possible. This may include ideas such as not using the dugouts, limiting the sharing of equipment, eliminating the postgame handshake, etc. to increase social distancing and help stop the spread of the virus.
4. Due to the time frames being discussed, we sadly must announce that our annual season kickoff event, Dollard Day (originally scheduled for May 23rd) has been cancelled for this year and the 9th annual Dollard Atom Tournament (originally scheduled for June 22nd – 28th) has been postponed until a later date.
5. The (Intercommunity) Spring League has decided to not proceed with a Spring season this year. For anyone who signed up to play on one of these teams, our treasurer will be reimbursing you all within the next few weeks. There is no need to contact us and request a refund. *** IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE BY JUNE 15th then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ****
6. To insure that our umpires are ready to go for the start of the season and avoid having them sit together in large groups in a classroom, much of their training has been moved online for this season. Anyone looking for something to do, the online training is free for anyone to try: formation.baseballquebec.com
7. For the same reason, much of this year’s scorekeeping training will be done online as well. When the website is ready, our head scorekeeper will send out the link to our scorekeepers/prospective scorekeepers.
Finally, our city of Dollard has contacted us looking for kids aged 15 and older who would be interested in volunteering to help out members of our elderly community with tasks such as cutting the lawn and raking/picking up leaves. As this age group is not going back to school and must be getting restless at home by now, think about giving back to our community by giving a few hours of your time. If you are interested, please send us your child’s name and phone number to email@example.com
We hope we will be able to see you on the field soon, and we will keep you posted on any further developments!
Your DABA Executive
March 24, 2020
Following daily press conferences from the Federal and Provincial governments concerning COVID-19 as well as directives from Baseball Quebec, Dollard Baseball is suspending all baseball activities until May 1, 2020.
Rest assured, we are closely monitoring the situation.
Sadly, we cannot finish the remainder of our Winter Clinics and will have to cancel our Bantam, Midget and Junior gym sessions. Refunds will be processed shortly.
We will keep you updated as to when we will begin activities and the impact it will have on the upcoming season. Baseball Quebec is currently working on different scenarios in order for a season to be played when normal life is restored.
Your DABA Executive
March 13, 2020
Due to the school closures as part of the COVID-19 preventative measures, all baseball activities in the province are cancelled until at least March 27th. When we have further news, we will update.
March 12, 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, please be advised that all Dollard Baseball clinics scheduled for the weekend of March 14th to March 16th are postponed. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will determine whether and when they will continue on a week by week basis.
Thank you for bearing with us during this extremely fluid situation
Your DABA Executive