At DABA we are excited about the 2022 Baseball Season programs that we have put together and look forward to seeing you and your child at the field.
Below you will find some important information that you will need to be aware of to ensure that you have a successful 2022 Baseball Season.
- NOVICE: This separate Dollard only program is specifically designed for our youngest players to teach them the basics of baseball and its technique. It runs twice a week from late May/early June until August. Players will be split up onto teams and a game will be played at every session. More details on the Novice program can be found HERE
- 9U – 18U: 9U through 18U aged players participate in tryouts in April and early May in order to form our more competitive ‘A’ level team(s) as well as balanced ‘B’ level teams. These teams represent the city of Dollard in regional leagues against teams from other cities and associations. Example opponents include Pierrefonds, St. Laurent, Lakeshore, Lachine, etc. Players who are looking for even more competitive baseball should consider trying out for ‘AA’ Lac St. Louis Tigers regional teams.
- Junior A: For players who have outgrown our youth baseball teams, Dollard Baseball has entered a team in the Ligue metropolitaine Junior A since 2020. To play Junior A baseball, players must be aged between 19 and 22.
FEES AND REGISTRATION:
Full fee structure is available on the registration form. Discounts on basic fees and league fees are available to families of three or more. Association fees are all-inclusive. There will be no additional “A” or “B” league fees charged once teams are made. Each team may, however, have a separate budget for individual team expenses not included in the above-mentioned association fees. Early registration discounts available for registrations completed during the early registration period.
- EARLY REGISTRATION: Until March 15, 2022
- REGULAR REGISTRATION: March 16, 2022 and after
In order to benefit from the early registration pricing, the registration fee must be PAID IN FULL by the end of the early registration period. Registrations with an outstanding balance at the end of the early registration period will be billed at the regular registration rate.
Dollard Amateur Baseball Association reserves the right to close registration at any or all age categories after March 30, 2022
REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be provided for all requests received in writing by no later than April 30, 2022. A $50 registration fee will be withheld from all written refund requests received between May 01, 2022 and May 15, 2022. No refunds will be issued for any requests received after May 15, 2022.
- Spring Training and tryouts: April and early May.
- Regular season: Mid-May to Early/Mid-August
- Regional Championships: Mid/Late August
- Playoffs and Provincials (if applicable): Late August to Labour Day weekend
TEAM CREATION: “A” teams will be created based on performance and talent shown during tryouts. Balanced “B” teams will be created from the remaining players. No requests to play with friends/family members will be accepted.
ELIGIBILITY/ABSENTEEISM (SLEEP-AWAY CAMP AND VACATIONS): Participation is the key to a player’s successful baseball season. We know that players may be absent during the summer. If you know that you or your child will be absent during the summer for 2 weeks or more, please indicate it on the registration form and advise your coach as soon as possible at the beginning of the season, so they may make other arrangements for call-up players. NOTE that due to the more competitive and serious nature of the level, any player who is away for more than 2 weeks during the season is NOT eligible to play on an “A” team. However we have a Spring Baseball League program for those who wish to make up for games missed during the summer.
- 11U – 18U: If necessary, 11U through 18U aged players will participate in tryouts in April in order to form our ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams. These teams represent Dollard in a specially designed spring league against teams from Côte St-Luc, Hampstead, TMR and Westmount. As these cities often have many players who attend camp in July, the season is scheduled to wrap up before the summer season really kicks in, making this the perfect league for our own DABA campers and those who have planned a long summer trip.
FEES AND REGISTRATION:
- Fees: $175 plus summer registration fee
DABA is a Baseball Quebec registered association and as such our primary focus are our Summer and Fall leagues. To meet the needs of our membership, we have begun registering teams in the Inter-Community Spring Baseball League as an add-on for those who miss a large portion of the summer season, as well as those who wish the opportunity to play more baseball. Any player wishing to register for this Spring Baseball program must also be registered to play on a team for the summer season. Nobody may register solely for Spring baseball.
Dollard Amateur Baseball Association reserves the right to close registration at any or all age categories after April 15, 2022
REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be provided for all players who get cut from a Spring League team, or who registered for a level that does not obtain sufficient registration amounts to form a team.
- Spring Training and tryouts: April
- Regular season and Playoffs: May to Mid-June
ELIGIBILITY: Note that our entries in the Inter-Community Spring League are an add-on to our Summer League teams. Tryouts for these teams will be open to all Dollard Baseball players, including those who just wish the opportunity to play more baseball. All players who have registered to play in the summer season may also register to tryout for a Spring team. Nobody may register solely for a Spring League team.
WINTER CLINICS – CANCELLED FOR THE 2022 SEASON.
ABOUT: Our indoor winter offering allows the opportunity to continue playing baseball throughout the year’s coldest months. Our instructors focus on striking the right balance between skill development (with many drills aimed at improving hitting, throwing, fielding, etc.) and fun baseball games.
FEES AND REGISTRATION:
- 9U – 13U: $125
There are limited spaces available at all age levels.
SEASON LENGTH AND SCHEDULE: 12 week program from January to early April. Exact dates and times per age level available on the registration form.
PUBLIC HEALTH DIRECTIVES: During the COVID-19 pandemic, all players must follow and be in compliance with the directives issued by the Quebec Public Health authorities at all times in order to participate. (eg: Adequately vaccinated, vaccine passports, etc.) These directives may change at any time without warning.
UNIFORMS: A mandatory uniform deposit of $50 for “B” team players and $100 for “A” team players must be provided during uniform pickup. Please bring a cheque dated September 30, 2022. This cheque will be kept in reserve until you return your uniform. If uniforms have not been returned by September 30, 2022, the corresponding deposit cheques will be cashed in October to cover the cost of the uniform.
BASEBALL HELMETS: Baseball Helmets are mandatory for all levels and all players in Dollard Baseball and are not supplied by the association.
TOURNAMENT: ALL Dollard Baseball 9U teams are required to register for and participate in the Dollard 9U Tournament in June. The Tournament entry fee must be covered by a separate team budget.
VOLUNTEERS: Dollard Baseball is a volunteer association and we need volunteers and our member parents to help run our programs. If you can help out in any way, it would be appreciated. We are looking for Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Umpires (paid), Scorekeepers (paid) and General Volunteers to help out at our events. Please fill our either our coaching application form or volunteer sign up form in order to get involved!
PHOTO CONSENT: Throughout the season photo’s are taken by our Communications Team to be featured on our Website, Facebook page, Instagram feed and/or the associations marketing materials to promote Amateur Baseball in Dollard des Ormeaux. By registering on the Dollard Baseball’s Portal you will be given the opportunity to consent to allow our association to use your child’s photo. Please note that Dollard Baseball will not be responsible for photos taken or uploaded by other parents. Photo’s that are posted online or to be used for marketing material will not include the child’s name.
AGREEMENT: You, the parent or guardian of registered minors, OR you (for adults): hereby give your approval by registering online through the Dollard Baseball Portal, to the registrant’s participation in the Dollard Amateur Baseball Association league and activities. You agree that players will be assigned to teams at the discretion of Dollard Baseball and will assume all risks to the registrant including transportation to and from the activities, whether on or off the baseball fields. By the completion and acceptance of the registration form, you do hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Dollard Amateur Baseball Association and all its volunteers, officials and affiliates for claims arising out of an injury to the registrant, whether the result of negligence or for any other cause.
SUMMER REGISTRATION – REGISTER NOW!
SPRING REGISTRATION – 2022 Registration Will Be Available Soon
WINTER CLINIC REGISTRATION – 2023 Registration Will Be Available in Fall 2022