NOVICE (RALLYE CAP) (AGES 4 – 7)
The Novice (Rallye Cap) program is the first introduction into Dollard Baseball for both players’, parents’ and coaches. This program helps teach players the FUNdamentals of baseball in a fun and safe environment. The program is designed for young baseball players.
- Create a fun environment in which players and their parents are actively engaged together in the game of baseball.
- Develop fundamental motor skills, teach baseball skills, and basic rules to our players.
- Experience success with an emphasis on good sportsmanship.
- Promote increased self-esteem among Rally Cap players.
While Dollard Baseball will have facilitators there for the whole season, this is a Parent-Tot program. Parental participation is mandatory.
The Novice (Rallye Cap) program takes place twice per week.
All Novice (Rallye Cap) sessions will begin with the main goal of having fun and developing a love for the game. Sessions will consist of a short practice/skill development segment and will always involve the players being split up to play a T-Ball or “Coach Pitch” game. Skills they will work on will include:
- Throwing, catching and fielding – a basic introduction to the concept and technique
- Hitting – at first off, a tee, but for the most part with coaches pitching. A pitching machine will be added as players progress to get them ready to advance to the next division.
- Baserunning – an introduction to the layout of a baseball field and how to run from base to base followed by work on actual technique, sliding and what to do in actual game situations
- Game situations – during all sessions actual games will be played, and as they play kids will be taught the basic rules and situational strategies of baseball
- Sportsmanship and safety – encouraging proper behaviour on the field including dealing with teammates and opponents, winning and losing and making sure everyone is safe