Update on Spring Training and Tryouts

Hi parents and players,

Here is the latest update. Unfortunately, as of this afternoon the fields are still saturated and are still closed. Since we never had a proper spring thaw, all the water accumulating on the fields has no where to go as the fields are still wet and frozen beneath the surface.

Once we get back on the fields, we are going to have to move quickly. We will be holding separate sessions for A tryouts and for B players. The tryouts will move much quicker than normal due to the time constraints (the season starts in less than 2 weeks). Please be assured that we will give everyone the maximum field time possible before the season.

Please check the website EVERYDAY around 4:00pm for the latest updates. We will have as many levels as possible on the field every day once the fields open. Please have the expectation that you will be on the field every day that the fields are open from now until the beginning of the season including Mother’s Day. We have tried to avoid baseball on Mother’s Day for the past several years, but it might not be possible this year.

I know the situation is far from ideal, but the weather just has not co-operated. I look forward to seeing you on the field soon!

Best regards,

Joel Goldenberg
President DABA