Dollard Baseball is an organization completely run by volunteers. We are constantly looking for individuals who are interested in helping our youths. Coaches are very important to our program as they help the child improve their baseball skills and have fun playing baseball. If you are interested in coaching, please fill out our online application form – Coaching Application
Submit scores here!
Like your umpires from a particular game? Make sure to let our Umpire in Chief know your opinion by filling out this form
Information for Coaches
Welcome to Dollard Baseball’s coaches page. Whether you are a first time coach or a seasoned veteran, we hope the information contained in our website, as well as the updates that will follow, will help you effectively coach and manage your team.
There are three important factors to remember when coaching youth sport
- Make it fun for the children
- Be an effective teacher
- Allow children to develop friendships.
But how do we go about this? There are a few basic guidelines to follow but, for the most part, it is YOU as an individual that will determine, through your imagination, as well as trial and error, what best works for you – basically be yourself and don’t be afraid to try new things. On behalf of Dollard Baseball, and especially on behalf of the kids, we congratulate you on your decision to become a major part of the life experience of the next generation.
If you have any questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Selection Process
Upon receipt of the application form, the Director of Coach Development will review the applicants for each team and will schedule interviews with each prospective coach. He will discuss his recommendations with the Baseball Development Committee and the committee will provide their feedback on which coaches are to be selected.
The prospective coaches will be judged on their overall baseball knowledge, Baseball Canada NCCP accreditations and their experience as a coach in previous seasons.
Coach Accreditation Requirements
- All Head Coaches must have at least an Initiation Coach – Trained certification.
- All Assistant Coaches are required to have at least either an Initiation Coach – In Training certification or a Stage Spécialisé.
- All Head Coaches must have at least Regional Coach – Trained certification.
- All “A” Assistant Coaches are required to have Initiation Coach – Trained certification.
- However, it has always been recommended that Intercity Assistant Coaches take their Regional Coach – Trained certification at the first opportunity.
- All “AA” Assistant Coaches are required to have Regional Coach – Trained certification.
Dollard Baseball Will Provide All Coaching Clinics FREE OF CHARGE!